Anna represents claimants and respondents at all stages in proceedings including preliminary hearings, judicial mediations, final hearings, and appeals.
She appeared (led) in the Court of Appeal in the first appellate case concerning health and safety dismissals in the Covid-19 era.
Recent instructions include:
- Junior counsel in group litigation representing more than one thousand Uber drivers claiming holiday pay and national minimum wage.
- Counsel for successful claimant in complex two-week Employment Tribunal proceedings involving claims of unfair dismissal, direct discrimination, whistleblowing, and victimisation.
- Representing successful claimant in a two-day trial in an unfair constructive dismissal claim concerning the respondent’s imposition of a 10% pay cut.
- Representing two whistleblowing van drivers who were successful in establishing (i) worker status (ii) the respondent’s liability for automatically unfair dismissal, and (iii) costs of over £6,000 for the respondent’s unreasonable conduct.
- Representing the respondent school in a 2-week trial concerning alleged disability discrimination, sexual harassment, and unfair dismissal.
Anna is regularly instructed to draft statements of case and has acted and advised in cases involving unfair dismissal, discrimination, and equal pay claims, amongst others.