Camille represents both claimants and respondents in preliminary and final hearings in all areas of employment and discrimination law. She has experience of employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- During a recent secondment at Farrer & Co (April-July 2023), Camille advised businesses and senior executives on employee competition matters.
- Successfully represented the Claimant, a nurse, in a 3-day race harassment hearing against an NHS Trust.
- Successfully defended the Respondent, a family run coffee shop, in a 5-day pregnancy discrimination hearing. The Claimant was assisted by a Japanese interpreter.
- Successfully defended the Respondent, a well-known professional services company, against a high-value unlawful deduction from wages claim. Secured a costs award against the Claimant.
- Successfully represented the Claimant in a 4-day ‘whistleblowing’ hearing against a local council. A favourable settlement was achieved.
- Successfully represented a group of Claimants in an unfair dismissal claim, establishing that their employment had ‘TUPE transferred’.
- Successfully defended the Respondent, a well-known construction company, in a 5-day sexual orientation discrimination hearing.
- Successfully represented the Claimant in a 5-day hearing against a university in her claims of disability discrimination, securing damages of circa £70,000 at a remedy hearing.