Camille has experience appearing in the ET in one-day and multi-day trials, on behalf of both claimants and respondents. Recent ET appearances include:
- (2020) Successfully defended the respondent, a well-known construction company, in a 3-day sexual orientation discrimination trial.
- (2019/20) Mears v University of South Wales: successfully represented the claimant in a 4-day disability discrimination trial in which she alleged a failure to make reasonable adjustments and discrimination arising from disability, and secured damages of in and around £70,000 at a remedy hearing.
- (2019) Successfully defended an NHS Trust in a 2-day unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal claim, in which the Trust had summarily dismissed the claimant for gross misconduct.
- (2019) Successfully represented an NHS Trust in an unlawful deduction from wages claim in which the claimant alleged she was contractually entitled to be paid a higher wage.
- (2019) Hannington v Premier Christian Media: successfully defended an unlawful deduction from wages claim in which it was alleged that the claimant was entitled to a bonus.
- (2018) Marsh v Fuller: successfully represented the claimant in a 2-day constructive dismissal trial.
During August to December 2019, Camille completed a secondment in-house in the employment team at Capsticks Solicitors LLP, where she was instructing on behalf of NHS Trusts in a wide range of cases. In particular, she gained experience of preliminary hearings, successfully representing Trusts in the following: applications for strike out on the ground that the claim had no reasonable prospects of success, was out of time or there had been non-compliance with case management orders; resisting amendments to grounds of complaint; applications for extension of time for filing an ET3. Camille also represented Trusts in several judicial mediations.
As for claimant work, Camille spent 13 days at Thompsons Solicitors during 2019, writing advices on prospects of success in a variety of employment law claims.
Camille undertakes all relevant drafting and advises in writing and in conference.