Serena has experience representing claimants and respondents in the Employment Tribunal. Serena’s recent instructions include:
- Successfully represented a claimant in a five-day disability discrimination trial.
- Successfully represented a respondent in a three-day whistleblowing trial.
- Successfully represented a claimant in a two-day unfair dismissal trial involving redundancy.
- Drafting witness statements for a three-week whistleblowing trial.
- An ongoing multi-party holiday pay and discrimination claim, led by Michael Ford KC.
- An ongoing six-day race discrimination claim, led by Jack Mitchell.
Before coming to the Bar, Serena worked as a Research Assistant for Professor of Labour Law, Alan Bogg. She also worked for an employment law consultancy where she helped to conduct a workplace investigation for an NHS Trust.
Between October 2020 and February 2021, Serena completed a secondment in the employment team at Capsticks LLP. During secondment, Serena gained experience drafting pleadings, witness statements, and advices. She also regularly represented NHS Trusts in the Employment Tribunal.
Serena is co-author of the Westlaw Insight articles on: contracts of employment, gratuities and tips, holiday pay, national minimum wage, reinstatement and re-engagement, shop stewards, trade unions, unlawful deductions of wages, wages, and workforce agreements.
Serena is a member of the Employment Law Bar Association and the Employment Lawyers Association.