Adam is regularly instructed in complex clinical negligence cases (warnings, advice, misdiagnosis, medication, failed surgery, hospital acquired infection, conception/ sterilisation/pregnancy/birth injury/still birth), on behalf of patients and medical practitioners/hospitals. His practice also encompasses cosmetic surgery and dentistry.
Adam acts for both Claimants and Defendants.
Examples of cases with which Adam has recently dealt include:
- Acted in a claim in respect of alleged failure by general practitioners to diagnose and treat cholesteatoma, leading to emergency surgery, deafness and brain injury, and causing long-term inability to work.
- Acted in respect of a negligently performed double hip replacement in a young woman, causing grossly impaired gate and life-long symptoms.
- Acted in claim by parents in respect of psychiatric damage upon death of still-born child following Wild v Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust EWHC, Tredget v Bexley HA 5 Med LR 189 etc.
- Acted in claim in respect of negligently performed cosmetic surgery for recipient of previously successful gastric procedure. The claim gave rise to complicated issues relating future surgery, ability to conceive, causation of psychiatric injury and future losses.
- Acted in claim in respect of negligent failure to diagnose ileus following laparoscopic cholecystectomy, giving rise to rapid deterioration of condition, emergency surgery and treatment in ITU.