He has expertise in the full range of traditional employment law areas, but his practice has a particular emphasis on discrimination, whistleblowing and restraint of trade. He is instructed by a broad range of private and public sector clients, particularly in the logistics, health and education sectors.
Notable recent work:
- R (Independent Workers’ Union of Great Britain) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and another;  ICR 372;  IRLR 102;  ACD 13; HC (Admin) – health and safety at work — provision of protections against health and safety detriment & PPE during Covid-19 pandemic — gig economy workers — conformity of domestic law to EU law;
- Anthony v Dyson Ltd  UKEAT0080/19/1306, EAT — Johnson exclusion zone & Micklefield exception;
- Kuteh v Dartford & Gravesham NHS Trust  IRLR 716, CA — unfair dismissal — human rights — religious freedom;
- Watson v London Metropolitan University  All ER (D) 257 (Jan) EAT — trade union detriment;
- Warner v Armfield Retail & Leisure  ICR 239,  Eq.L.R. 122, EAT – disability discrimination and frustration;
- Ishaq v London Borough of Ealing  Eq Opp Rev 245:23, ET – race discrimination – recommendations;
- Andorful v London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham  UKEAT 0410/11/1104 – race discrimination – immigration – right to work – costs;
- Slade & others v TNT UK Limited  UKEAT 0113/11/1309, EAT – unfair dismissal – variation of contract;
- Okoro & Okenwa v Taylor Woodrow & ors  UKEAT 0318/10/0612, EAT — contract workers — race discrimination — continuing acts;
- Condor Marine Crewing Services Limited v Diggins  ICR 213,  IRLR 119, CA — unfair dismissal — working abroad — mariners;
- Diggins v Condor Marine Crewing Services Limited  ICR 609, EAT — unfair dismissal — working abroad — mariners.