In addition to damages claims, Jonathan has appeared in related proceedings such as Criminal Injuries Appeal Panel (CICAP) hearings, coroners’ inquests and public inquiries.
He has been involved in large group litigation. He also undertakes professional negligence cases arising out of an injured person’s lost opportunity to bring a personal injury claim.
His reported cases include the following:
- Goldscheider v Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation  EWHC (QB);  EWCA Civ 711,  ICR 1 (acoustic shock injury, applicability of occupational health legislation to opera house).
- Buck & Ors v. Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1576 (employer’s duty of care to protect staff in psychiatric hospital from risk of assault by patient).
- Collings v. The Home Office  12 CL 22 (Animals Act claim by prison dog handler against employer).
- Grattage v. The Home Office  CLY 456 (service of claim form in Crown proceedings).
- Smith v. (1) Bass plc (2) Hilton International Hotels (UK)  1 PIQR P197 (CRU, payments into court (Part 36 offers)).